Nonpartisan, nonprofit public policy organization that works closely with women policymakers is seeking a skilled and creative team player to help implement the organization’s communications strategic plan and provide communications and programmatic support. Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, ability to take initiative, and a commitment to the organization’s mission are essential. Successful candidates must be able to work in a bipartisan manner and will have strong analytical skills and experience in one, or more, of the following areas:
- Implementing communications strategies;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key communications/media audiences;
- Managing social media platforms;
- Providing social media support for programs;
- Managing website and CRM databases;
- Integrating existing and evolving technology into communications efforts; and
- Using analytics to measure outreach and success.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Fluency in various social media platforms;
- Adept with website administrator tools, especially WordPress;
- Congressional experience a strong plus;
- Experience with CRM tools, especially Constant Contact, a plus;
- Graphic design abilities/experience a plus;
- Creativity and a sense of humor also a plus.
Capitol Hill experience is strongly preferred. We offer regular working hours and a generous benefits package. No phone calls please! Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to webmaster [at] womenspolicy [dot] org; please list “WCPI Communications Associate Position” in the subject line. Interviews will begin immediately for selected candidates. EOE.